Alsion Montessori has developed the following plan to reopen safely. This plan is aligned with guidance and recommendations from the following agencies:
- Centers of Disease Control (CDC)
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- California Department of Education (CDE)
- Alameda County Public Health Department & Alameda County Office of Education (ACOE)
- Alameda County Public Health Department (ACPHD)
As the coronavirus pandemic has upended life as we know it, our school, like many others, went through the transition to exclusively online learning. Educational institutions nationwide had mere days to transition students to learning from home, and ours was no exception. Fortunately, our unique program made this transition easier for Alsion families and staff, and we were able to quickly and successfully navigate to a virtual classroom model from March through May 2020.